Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tea Rex by Molly Idle


I recently discovered this charming book on the Penguin & Putnam website and just had to order it based on the idea alone!

A little girl named Cordelia invites her friend "Mr. Rex" over for a tea party and explains all the etiquette that should be followed.

Of course these are things that should be followed regardless of whether your guest is a person, or a large T-Rex.  



The concept is adorable and the pictures as well as the story are an enjoyable read, particularly for adults who understand these behaviors and can find the humor in a T-Rex attempt to follow them.

And if you invite a friend to your house of course they should invite you in return!

 
This new book is sure to become a favorite both for boys and girls of any age, and helps to teach a few manners in a roundabout way.


1 comment:

  1. I ADORE this book. It reminds me of my childhood with my Mom, who demanded exceptional manners.

    ReplyDelete